[SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] JOB: write numpy docs

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Apr 15 03:25:54 EDT 2009

2009/4/15 Joe Harrington <jh at physics.ucf.edu>:
> So far I have no takers for the numpy doc job (below), and the lack of
> activity on docs.scipy.org indicates nobody new is preparing an
> application.  This job is open (as a subcontract) to international
> applicants.  It could be part-time, if a suitable full-time person is
> not available.  It could be a volunteer job, if you're gainfully
> employed and would prefer it that way.  If you have substantial free
> time this summer and you want to have full docs for numpy, please
> contact me.

I'm surprised no-one wants to take this deal!

* Learn the inner workings of NumPy and SciPy, and
* Get paid to do it
* Have your work published for all to see
* Make a highly valued contribution to a central open source project

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this project last year -- wish I had
the opportunity to do it again!

Cheers
Stéfan