[SciPy-user] Question including a boundary value problem solver in SciPy

John Salvatier jsalvati at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 9 13:43:35 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but I have
wrapped a boundary value problem solver based on the Fortran code
BVP_SOLVER<http://cs.stmarys.ca/%7Emuir/BVP_SOLVER_Webpage.shtml>.
The PyPi page is here <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bvp_solver>, and I have a
tutorial for it here <http://bvp-solver.wikidot.com/>.

I am interested in integrating this into SciPy, so I have two questions: 1)
Does this type of thing belong in SciPy? 2) if it is, what are the steps to
getting this included in into SciPy?

I am in the process of getting BVP_SOLVER available under a BSD license. One
of the authors has made his license compatible with the BSD license, but the
Fortran algorithm currently relies on COLROW, which is subject to the ACM
license. The same author has told me he plans on replacing COLROW with
RESCALE which is free for both commercial and non-commercial use.

Thank you for your time,
John Salvatier