[SciPy-user] [ANN][optimization] OpenOpt 0.23

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:06:30 EDT 2009

2009/4/6 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
> 2009/4/6 Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher at gmail.com>:
>>> I would hate to see GenericOpt disappear, though.  I think it can be a
>>> very handy educational and research tool.  If we document its
>>> deficiencies, it can be packaged as a SciKit?
>>
>> Yes, it can. Besides, it is needed by learn. I don't have the time
>> right now to do the switch (and update learn), but I'll try.
>
> Thanks, Matthieu.  If David doesn't mind, we can even include the code
> in "learn" for now, with an eye on factoring it out later.  That way,
> we don't lose the code, and you don't have to setup all the
> infrastructure from scratch.

There will be some internal changes to do (as well as in learn), so
David may have other stuff to worry about :| The infrastructure for
GenericOpt is very simple: a simple setup.py is enough as it is a pure
Python package. It's more a question of checking every location where
it is needed:
- GenericOpt itself,
- learn in the code,
- learn in the setup step, which means uploading the package to pypi.

Matthieu
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/