[SciPy-user] Simulink API to Python?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:42:58 EDT 2009

Xiangyu Ding wrote:

> I just started using python and plan to port a matlab simulation
> software to python.
>
> The main problem I had so far is that there doesn't seem to be a good
> alternative to simulink in python. so my plan was to compile the
> simulink model into C code and use some kind of API to transfer the
> results into python. Currently I'm saving the result to hard drive and
> load it in scipy, but this is very slow.

What does simulink do that you miss?  Is it the gui?

For what it's worth, electrical engineers used to design using schematics.
Now design is described in text.  There's a reason for this.  Schematics are
only useful for simple designs.  Once they become more complex, it's much
more efficient to work with text.  Not to mention the ability to manipulate
text, and the ability to transfer text-based designs between systems.