[SciPy-user] scipy workflow

João Quinta da Fonseca joao.q.fonseca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:31:46 EDT 2008

I have given up Matlab and I it feels great to use scipy for my
scientific computing needs. However, I find that I use scipy just like
I used matlab, with ipython as my terminal. Although this works OK,
some things are a little frustrating: updated modules need to be
reimported after modification, running scripts requires the run
command etc., but this is to be expected because scipy is not matlbab.
Now I don't want the matlab way necessarily and I am happy to learn a
new way to do things. I guess what I would like to do is do things the
python way, which I think means writing my code as classes with the
_main_ bit at the end etc., but I am not sure whether that is the best
way and if so, what is the best way to learn it.
Does any one feel like sharing what their workflow with scipy is? Any
tips for me?

Thanks,

Joao