[SciPy-user] Talkbox 0.1: a scikits for signal processing processing with a focus on audio

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Sep 22 13:37:19 EDT 2008

Hi there,

    A quick email to announce the first release of talkbox, a new scikit
of mine. It aims at providing missing features in scipy for signal
processing, with a focus on audio (speech and music mostly). The 0.1 is
mainly a refactoring of some random code I got lying around on my machine:

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/talkbox/index.html

Code available on scikits svn. For this 0.1 release:

    - code for linear prediction coding (LPC) computation: it solves the
Yule Walker equations, both with the straightforward system inversion
and Levinson Durbin.  A C implementation of Levinson Durbin for real,
double autocorrelation is available: it should be reasonably fast
(should be at least comparable to matlab lpc implementation I think).
    - methods for spectral estimation: basic periodogram is implemented.

cheers,

David