[SciPy-user] How to give a name to a figure?

Nuttall, Brandon C bnuttall at uky.edu
Mon Sep 15 12:28:35 EDT 2008

Mathieu,

Its pretty easy. The statements below do what you I want:

(of course, you have to import pylab)

>>> path = 'c:\\documents and settings\\bnuttall\\desktop\\adair\\'
>>> picfile = '%sR%s.png' % (path,str(wellid).rjust(7,'0'))

...snip... (a bunch of statements constructing the figure)

>>> pylab.savefig(picfile)

In my case, the wellid is a serial integer that uniquely identifies the data set. I have coded similar statements to alter the path name systematically so that related output gets grouped in folders.

Brandon Nuttall