[SciPy-user] segmentation fault in scipy.test()

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Sep 7 11:27:37 EDT 2008

gfunch wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried to build SciPy (svn) on an x86_64 system running Linux
> CentOS5, but ran into a segmentation fault while running the tests.
>
> I first compiled and installed Lapack and ATLAS per some instructions
> I found the web. I then built and installed numpy (which tested fine)
> and then built scipy.
>
> What commands should I run, and output should I generate, to best
> diagnose the problem, and perhaps seek your kind help?

Hi Gyro,

    Sorry for the bug in scipy. Could you give us the output when you
run the tests (e.g. which test failed and segfaulted ?). Something
useful would be the build log (output when run python setup.py
build/install; we need the output when build from scratch, e.g. after
having removed the build directory).
    If you are familiar with gdb, something useful may be a backtrace,
but first, I would like to check whether it is not a problem related to
ATLAS/Lapack,

cheers,

David