[SciPy-user] Python 2.6 compilation error

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 18:39:08 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Richard Shaw <jrs65 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile Scipy 0.6 for Python 2.6 and I'm suffering from a
> compilation error in
> scipy/sparse/linalg/dsolve/SuperLU/SRC/scomplex.h with conflicting types
> for '_Py_c_abs'. In fact the same error as this bug:
>
> http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/735
>
> Is there a workaround I could use in the meantime, rather than
> downgrading to Python 2.5? Anything would be appreciated.

Hi Richard, thanks for the report.  I've committed a workaround to
scipy r4767 in SVN so this issue doesn't appear in the coming SciPy
0.7 release.  I'd ask you to try using this version to see if the bug
is indeed fixed.  If you'd like to apply the same workaround to 0.6
you can use the following script:

sparse/linalg/dsolve/SuperLU/SRC$ for f in *; do sed
's/c_abs/slu_c_abs/g' < $f > temp; mv temp $f; done;

It simply renames c_abs() and c_abs1() to slu_c_abs() and slu_c_abs1()
respectively.

We really need to update our SuperLU code to a more recent release.

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/