[SciPy-user] how to build in fftw3 support?

Lin Shao shao at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu May 22 13:41:40 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reply. I made sure that scipy/fftpack/_fftpack.so
depends on libfftw3. Now if I
from scipy import fftpack
then I got fftpack (probably using fftw3).

Here're some confusions I'd like to get clarified:
1. What's scipy's fft() function in relation to scipy.fftpack package?
2. What're numpy's fft package (from numpy import fft) and fftpack
package (from numpy.fft import fftpack)? are they related to
scipy.fftpack at all?

Thanks.

--lin