[SciPy-user] FITS images with header-supplied axes?

Eric Emsellem emsellem at obs.univ-lyon1.fr
Sun Mar 30 16:26:02 EDT 2008

> I'm not sure I understand how the transforms would make it easier to
> display sky coordinates without labeling axes, though.  Are you saying
> that if the image is already sampled in RA/DEC (or whatever coordinate
> system) space, then it should be easy to display the RA/DEC
> coordinates on the axes?

yes it is possible of course: I do it by using ax.pcolormesh and first creating
the corners of each pixels with the shading='flat' option.
I have been trying to make a "clean" automatic routine to do this in a very
general way but so far I only ended up with a simple dirty one. If you are
interested I can always send it to you, but this does not make really use of the
nice wcs functionalities that people at StSci have written up.

Eric