[SciPy-user] Image Morphology

Tom Waite twaite at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 23 16:04:13 EDT 2008

Yes it is. I have a test_segmenter.py script that shows its use. I build 4
simple discs and get the Sobel edge "band". The thinning filter (I refer to
the method as mat-filter for medial axis) returns the single-pixel wide edge
and is shown to be comparable to the Canny edge filter which I also provide.
This will use the ROI when generating the thin edges.