[SciPy-user] reading binary files written by a gfortran code...

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:17:32 EDT 2008

According to the Fortran95 handbook (1997) ACCESS arguments takes either
DIRECT or SEQUENTIAL as values.

Also, if the ACCESS specifier is DIRECT, a RECL specifier must be present.

RECL is an integer specifying the length of each record in default
characters if access is direct, or the maximum length of a record if the
access method is sequential.

HTH,

David