[SciPy-user] Best way to save ND-arrays for Matlab?

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Mon Jul 28 10:25:56 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the scipy.io.mio tools to write out some arrays for
matlab users. This works quite well, with the exception of some 3D
arrays that I have, which (as per the documentation) get flattened to
2D during the process. (I'm saving to version 4 .mat files, which I
need for compatibility with some folk's versions of Matlab.)

Is there any good way to save this data in a less-awkward format for
the eventual users? Or is this a limitation of the format?

Thanks,

Zachary Pincus
Postdoctoral Fellow, lab of Frank Slack
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
Yale University