[SciPy-user] OpenOpt svn broken on Windows

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Wed Jul 16 15:32:56 EDT 2008

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>> __solverPaths__ is exported by runProbSolver.py, and than converted from None to
>> dict. I intended to init it in runProbSolver.py but some issues had
>> appeared (Python reported of bugs) so I had moved it to ooMisc.py
>>

> It has not been moved to ooMisc. The actual registry is only available
> in runProbSolver. Because you are initializing it in runProbSolver and
> not in ooMisc.

What is not been moved to ooMisc?! I have said I encountered bugs while
creating __solverPaths__ in runProbSolver, so now it's created in ooMisc
(as None). Of course, then I redefine it as Python dict (in runProbSolver).

>>> I didn't know that there was only one filename. Is it something you
>>> build or is it something algecan provides ?
>>>

>> latter. pywrapper.so it generated by ALGENCAN. As I had mentioned, I
>> could create a workaround but I have lots of other things to do.
>>

> And it is not your job to try to get a workaround (IMHO) ;)

Neither connecting IPOPT nor ALGENCAN 2.x version  (as well as some
other work done during my GSoC 2008) are not mentioned in my
GSoC-assigned schedule (still I had spent some more time because some OO
users were very interested in these issues). So it's not my job to get
ALGENCAN workaround.

If my GSoC mentors will insist on getting OO svn work for windows w/o
wait for next OO release, for to economy my time I'll just remove
ALGENCAN_oo.py, it will take much less efforts.
D.