[SciPy-user] scipy-0.6 on AIX 5.3

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jul 6 22:53:41 EDT 2008

Marek Wojciechowski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried to install scipy in AIX 5.3 and i'm partially successful. For now i
> see no way to compile and use C++ code from scipy, so sparse and weave
> modules are not working. I used native IBM compilers: xlf_r, cc_r, xlc++_r. I
> compiled also properly blas and lapack for use with scipy.
>
> I applied two dirty hacks in numpy.distutils.ccompiler (1.0.4) and some hacks
> in scipy itself. I'm attaching diffs because probably some changes could be
> applied to the development code...

C++-style comments in C are bugs (I am guilty of most of them), but
should have been solved in the SVN trunk. Concerning the fortran code,
it seems that the AIX fortran compiler does not like special characters
in comments nor code lines starting with &...

I would consider using the Gnu compiler instead of AIX fortran compiler,

cheers,

David