[SciPy-user] Enthought Python Distribution

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 18:40:58 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Travis Vaught <travis at enthought.com> wrote:

> I want to see these as well.  It should be no problem to get these in
> the next release.  In fact we'll upgrade to the latest versions of
> _everything_ as long as the developers recommend doing so and there
> are no compatibility issues.

Any chance the next release might happen before scipy'08?  It would
make an enormous difference for those of us teaching the tutorials to
have this as an installation option.  Perhaps after waiting for the
outcome of the Mayavi sprint you guys are holding right now...

I know that if we could point all attendees to reasonably up to date
installers for the tools the tutorials will cover on Win32 and OSX,
things will be a LOT smoother than they were last year.  I think we
were really hurt last year by underestimating (I fully take the blame
for that) the importance of installation issues.  We burned valuable
time on that and probably left quite a few people behind simply
because debugging install problems on a one by one basis was
impossible under those circumstances.

In any case, thanks again for this!

Cheers,