[SciPy-user] timeseries import error

Matt Knox mattknox_ca at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:53:46 EST 2008

Willi Richert <w.richert <at> gmx.net> writes:

> Hallo,
>
> Hi,
>
> I've installed timeseries from the sandbox package. Having the latest
scipy/numpy versions I get:

> In [1]: from timeseries.lib.moving_funcs import mov_average_expw as mov_avg
> <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>           Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> /home/wr/wlan/≤ipython console> in <module>()
>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/timeseries/__init__.py in <module>()
>      13
>      14 import const
> ---> 15 import dates
>      16 from dates import *
>      17 import tseries
>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/timeseries/dates.py in <module>()
>      26 from numpy.core.numerictypes import generic
>      27
> ---> 28 import maskedarray as MA
>      29
>      30 from parser import DateFromString, DateTimeFromString
>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/maskedarray/__init__.py in <module>()
>      15 from core import *
>      16
> ---> 17 import extras
>      18 from extras import *
>      19
>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/maskedarray/extras.py in <module>()
>      36 from numpy.core.fromnumeric import asarray as nxasarray
>      37
> ---> 38 from numpy.lib.index_tricks import AxisConcatenator
>      39 import numpy.lib.function_base as function_base
>      40
>
> Regards,
> wr

Not sure off the top of my head what is causing that (I'll try and take a look
early next week if Pierre doesn't beat me to it)... but a general word of
caution: it will probably be rough sailing for the timeseries module until 2
things happen...

1. maskedarray merging into numpy is complete
2. timeseries is ported to a scikit

Both of these things will *probably* happen within the next couple of months. In
the mean time, sorry for the headaches.

- Matt