[SciPy-user] [newb] how to create arrays

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 04:38:54 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 6:14 PM, Nathan Bell <wnbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 2:29 AM, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > without worrying about my program slowing to a crawl.  As opposed to
> > always having to think of some clever way to use the array machinery
> > to achieve the same thing efficiently (and sometimes having to think
> > of two or three different ways when the first one doesn't turn out to
> > be fast enough).
>
> Bah, vectorizing loops builds character :)

Guess that explains all the characters around here.  :-)

Actually I find vectorizing puzzles to be quite fun as puzzles.  As do
many others it seems, given how quickly questions like "how do I do
this efficiently" get answered around here.  But sometimes I just want
code to write itself -- and do so efficiently -- without me having to
think.  ;-)

--bb