[SciPy-user] I'd like to submit some code for inclusion...

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Wed Feb 27 09:58:16 EST 2008

martin smith wrote:
> in scipy.
>
> It's a python-interfaced implementation of multi-taper fourier spectral
> analysis.  The code currently builds and installs under linux, but not
> windows yet.
>
> I haven't been able to figure out how to submit code.  I tried
> introducing a ticket last week but I don't know how if it's going
> anywhere.  If there's a better way, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Introducing a ticket is the right way.   Then, if you want to make sure
it gets attention, posting to this list with a description of what your
code does and why it would be a good idea to include in SciPy is the
next step.  As soon as there has been some feedback on your ticket and
some indication that it would be useful to include in SciPy, then keep
reminding somebody on the steering committee (me, Robert, Jarrod, or
Eric at the moment) to include it into SciPy and it will happen when the
O.K. is given.  The process can take anywhere from a few days to a few
weeks if you are persistent and a few months if you are not.

If we decide not to include it in SciPy, then the next step would be to
make it a scikit (which you could do immediately as well, if you like).

Thanks for your willingness to contribute and your patience with our
process (which is more fluid than I've led on).

Best regards,

-Travis O.