[SciPy-user] splinalg import error

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Feb 15 12:01:36 EST 2008

Hi Matthew

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 03:00:17PM +0000, Matthew Brett wrote:
> >  I agree that this situation isn't ideal for a release, though -- maybe
> >  Matthew can provide a more satisfying workaround.
>
> I'd like to be satisfying! But, you mean, try and make the earlier
> version of nose find the tests?  I will have a look at the nose
> command line to see if there's an easy fix.

I was curious as to why 0.9.2 didn't pick up the tests -- have they
drastically modified the test discovery since?  If we can't work
around it, I don't think it is the end of the world -- upgrading to
0.10.x is trivial, and will soon be the standard in most distributions
anyway.

> I'm sorry for the test pain, but I am sure it will be major test gain
> quite soon - nose tests are very easy to write and maintain.

It's absolutely worth it -- the new testing machinery addresses a
number of problems we've had in the past, a major one of which was
tests not being picked up on all platforms.  Looking at the buildbot
results, I saw the number of tests varying between 714 and 803.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this!  I'm a satisfied
customer, for sure.

Regards
Stéfan