[SciPy-user] scipy.test() from trunk segfaults

Scott Beardsley scott at cse.ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 11 17:01:35 EST 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Reconfigure and rebuilt atlas with the option "-C if g77". Make
> sure that none of the softwares you are using to build numpy is using
> gfortran.

Ahha! This fixed it. I do have a couple test failures still but after
searching the mailing list it looks like they are known issues[1]. We
have a somewhat complicated environment on these systems. I'd really
like to get this all working using our Pathscale compiler (for benchmark
purposes mainly) but it didn't look to easy so I went with path of least
resistance.

> Also, I noticed that you are using some alpha softwares as libraries
> (fftw 3.2). Please use released softwares first to see if you can
> reproduce the bug.

I have scipy 0.5.2 working with the fftw3.2alpha2 so I'm pretty sure
using alpha3 is not a problem. Good idea for a next step though.

Thanks a ton for the help!
Scott