[SciPy-user] 2D and 3D moments of an image (Hu, Zernike, ...)

Karl Young Karl.Young at ucsf.edu
Tue Feb 5 17:28:23 EST 2008

Matthieu,

There's a very abstract definition of the usage in: Young K, Schuff N.
Measuring structural complexity in brain images. Neuroimage Vol 39/4 pp
1721-1730 (2008) (if you can't get a copy let me know I can send you a
pdf). To implement the special case re. the example in that paper I've
got some kludgy code that essentially generates the cooccurence matrix
for contiguous linear blocks of arbitrary length in dimensions up to 4.
But many parts of that code are unnecessarily specific to linear blocks
(as usual I was in too much of a hurry to generate results !). I'd love
to see a more community based effort at producing something more general
(and efficient, robust,...). But if this is something only I'm
interested in I'm happy to just hack something that works and not
clutter up another package with overly general (and kludgy) code. I just
thought there might be some texture analysis types who might be
interested in something like that. Thanks for the response; let me know
if you have any interest, otherwise no worries.