[SciPy-user] Initializing COO/CSR matrix before function call

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Feb 3 00:20:50 EST 2008

Dinesh,

What sort of method are you using to load the matrices? It'd help if
you posted some code. In general you shouldn't have to initialize
something too big in order to load in a sparse matrix. I'm not sure
that COO is terribly efficient for on-the-fly insertions. Maybe a
dok_matrix would be more appropriate, which you can then convert to
whatever you need, all at once, as then you'll know exactly how many
non-zero elements you have to allocate space for.

David