[SciPy-user] from scipy import * -- was: [Scipy-tickets] #635:update the old scipy tutorial and

Almar Klein almar.klein at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 05:47:16 EST 2008

Hi,

I moved from Matlab to python about half a year ago and I love it.
Scipy is the reason why this is possible at all for me. But it always
annoyed me when I read "from scipy import *"  or "from pylab import *".
As it says in the python ZEN: "Namespaces are one honking great
idea -- let's do more of those!", and not less...

A big +1

Cheers,
  Almar

I love scipy and