[SciPy-user] os x, intel compilers & mkl, and fink python

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Dec 3 01:36:01 EST 2008

On 2-Dec-08, at 11:59 AM, Gideon Simpson wrote:

> I use the fink one mostly because I've already got it installed, but
> I'm not wedded to it.  Must python and numpy/scipy all be built with
> the same compiler?

I am not certain, but I don't think it's necessary. At any rate, I
would give the build available at python.org a try, that's typically
the easiest one for the list to support. Fink moves at its own pace
and applies it's own set of patches which might break things.

I am afraid I don't have a definitive answer to your compiler
question, but I suspect it is not the case, since I've seen reference
to intel-compiled numpy being used with (presumably gcc built) system
python.

David