[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries problem (error with e.g. cumprod)

Martin Enlund martin.enlund at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 10:19:47 EDT 2008

I am using scikits.timeseries and I found the toolkit very useful so far.
However, I've run into a problem with functions such as cumprod, which
just doesn't work (and I've thus created replacement functions using
numpy functions)
Even so, I'd like it to be solved seeing as I don't really like my ugly hacks.

The error I get when trying to call cumprod is "TypeError: __call__()
got an unexpected keyword argument 'dtype'"

To replicate this error, try the following:
#####
import numpy
import scipy
import scikits.timeseries as ts

data = numpy.random.uniform(-1,1,90)
new_series = ts.time_series(data, start_date=ts.now('D')-90)
cp_series = new_series.cumprod()

Btw, I am running this version of scikits.timeseries: '0.67.0.dev-r1228'