[SciPy-user] possible to get INF in divide by zero ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 13:36:13 EDT 2008

thank you all for the explanations.

I'm a practical engineer, who almost never divide by zero.
But the question came from my son,
familiar with python and a little with scipy.
After his first lesson in MatLab, he said:
Oh what a beautiful environment is MatLab, it's even capable to divide
by zero without errors.
So for the moment probably MatLab is better suited for educational purposes.
I'll ask him again to compare scipy and Matlab, after a few weeks  ;-)

cheers,
Stef