[SciPy-user] IFFT when FT is known on log scale

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 06:57:36 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I've got a Fourier transform stored for frequency values that are evenly
spaced on the log scale, and I need to inverse Fourier transform it. I'm
wondering whether there's a simple trick that would let me use the inverse
fast Fourier transform.

I need the log scale because the tails of the FT are long but I need a
detailed representation near the origin. The domain spans many decades, so I
can't just linearize.

Any tips? The package NFFT3,
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~potts/nfft/looks great but it's a
pretty heavy weapon for this little problem.

Thanks,
Anand