[SciPy-user] Getting coordinates of a level (contour) curve

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:36:12 EDT 2008

> Yes, you are right. But what if I have a mixture of gaussians, or any
> other 2D probability density function?

Indeed. Isn't the question about how to extract the data points for
the curve from the 'contour' object in matplotlib, in the general
case? Unfortunately I don't have the answer to that, but maybe
introspection of the object would lead to an answer. From the API doc
I see a mysterious attribute called 'level'.