[SciPy-user] Polynomial interpolation

Anne Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 04:03:59 EDT 2008

2008/4/30 Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Anne Archibald
>
> <peridot.faceted at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2008/4/30 Rob Clewley <rob.clewley at gmail.com>:
>  >
>  > > Could someone please make the new interpolation classes into new-style
>  >  >  classes? And I don't know if it's considered a big deal, but for
>  >  >  future compatibility maybe the exception raising should be done in the
>  >  >  functional style: ValueError("message") rather than ValueError,
>  >  >  message ?
>  >
>  >  I can clean those up. But I'm not sure how to set things up as
>  >  "properties" so that the right things happen when users try to
>  >  manipulate the attributes.
>
>  If it doesn't feel right to you, don't do it. Your point about
>  properies giving a false sense of safety in this case is quite valid.
>  If it's not obvious how to apply properties nicely here, that might be
>  a good sign that properties aren't appropriate.

Well, actually what I meant was I've never used properties at all and
didn't find any useful documentation. I had in mind a fairly draconian
configuration that made nearly everything readonly, though I suppose
that would become cumbersome within my own methods. And anyway it
doesn't really work for numpy arrays, since someone can always do b =
A.unwritable_array; b[i,j]=3. But set_yi is a bit ugly.

Anne