[SciPy-user] Polynomial interpolation

Anne Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 16:42:05 EDT 2008

2008/4/28 Ed Rahn <ed at lamedomain.net>:
> If the functionality of krogh_ev is useful, why not put it in a method?

Because all it does is expose a method in a non-method-y way.

>  A compatibility module is a very good idea. But a concern with that is
>  one of documentation. If I am a new user to both scipy and the
>  splrep/splev library, I will be confused with which calling convention
>  is best. As a developer more external explanation is needed and more
>  code needs to be commented.
>
>  More tests also need to be written to ensure full code coverage.

What would you suggest? Would you care to write a few? I think
KroghInterpolator is fairly thoroughly tested at this point, though I
guess a few checks that it raises sensible errors when fed erroneous
input wouldn't hurt.

More generally, is it worth putting something in the tests for
numerical code about stability? An example with degree thirty, say,
and a reasonable error estimate, to make sure that modifications don't
make the code less stable numerically?

Anne