[SciPy-user] Polynomial interpolation

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 22:58:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:20:45PM -0400, Rob Clewley wrote:
>  > <soapbox>
>  > If we're going to start thinking "big" for supporting more
>  > mathematically natural functionality, I believe we ought to be
>  > thinking far enough out to support the basic objects of PDE
>  > computations too (or at least a compatible class structure and API),
>  > even if it's not fully utilized just yet. Scipy should support
>  > scientific computation based around mathematically-oriented
>  > fundamental objects and functionality
>  > [...]
>  > </soapbox>
>
>  Sounds like sympy to me.

You sound dismissive, but symbolic expressions are just one part of
it, and not at all what this thread has been about. There are plenty
of other types of mathematical objects important in scientific
computation. This thread has been about geometric objects such as
curves, and in particular trajectories as numerical solutions to
differential equations.