[SciPy-user] Newbie question: Is SciPy supported by Jython

Carlos da Silva Santos carlos.s.santos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:20:54 EDT 2008

There is a (very old) port of Numeric to Jython:

http://jnumerical.sourceforge.net/

Not exactly what you are asking for, but there are some solutions to
use java libraries from python or python modules from java, like:
http://jepp.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpype
Maybe you can do the trick with them. I never used those, so I don't
know whether they really work.

You could also use Javolution or other Java scientific package "to have similar
 sciPy functionalities" inside Jython. Of course, the API would be
different from scipy.

HTH,

Carlos