[SciPy-user] is there any plan to import BNT(bayesian network toolkit) from matlab?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Apr 10 14:33:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have a master's student who is interested in doing the initial
port, and I hope we can form a productive collaboration: he has the
time and you guys have a vision.  It would be helpful if you could
either discuss the idea further here, or expand the wiki page, so that
I can give him a concrete plan to start with.

Amongs other things, I'd like to know which parts are most important
to port (i.e. which parts are not already provided by other
libraries), how we should refactor the interface to best make use of
Python's strong object oriented facilities (maybe this will develop
intuitively), and which references to use in docstrings (Chris
Bishop's book looks like a good place to start?).

Regards
Stéfan