[SciPy-user] NetworkX

Gabriel Gellner ggellner at uoguelph.ca
Wed Apr 9 08:04:28 EDT 2008

> I am doing a review of major scientific Python packages. I would like to
> know if people have used networkX as an important package in their stack,
> and what their research was on. I know it is an important package, I am
> just trying to figure out the usecases to find out why it is important,
> and not in terms of algorithmes, but in terms of applications, because I
> can explain this to non technical users.

I use networkX all the time for my research in Food Webs in mathematical
ecology. I find that networkX in nice for both creating algorithms that walk
digraphs, so that I can calculate different food web statistics, as well as
using the many built in network theory metrics so I can reproduce the
results from the literature.

Is this what you where looking for? I can be more specific . . .

Gabriel