[SciPy-user] Getting scipy.stats.models to work on Windows

Wes McKinney wesmckinn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:16:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Alan G Isaac <aisaac at american.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Robert Kern apparently wrote:
> > There is a binary that was built without SSE2.
>

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1369&package_id=175103
>

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=27747&package_id=19531&release_id=540981
>
> Look for the binaries with "p3" in the name.
>
> hth,
> Alan Isaac

The problem apparently lies with numpy.linalg.pinv running on Windows, at
least XP SP2 with Python 2.5.1, a quick search found that this has been a
problem for more than just me. Anyone know anything about this?

>>> from numpy.random import standard_normal as W
>>> X = W((40,10))
>>> import numpy.linalg as L
>>> L.pinv(X)

frozen