[SciPy-user] Manifold Learning Technology Preview

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:38:28 EDT 2008

2008/4/7, Rob Clewley <rob.clewley at gmail.com>:

> Matthieu,
>
> I look forward to this! Are these going to be pure python
> implementations only? I know that Isomap in Matlab came with a DLL for
> faster processing of the networks -- is there any such plan to do this
> in yours?
>
> Best,
> Rob

For the moment, there are 3 additional libraries :
- one for my dimensionality reduction technique (that could be rewritten in
Python)
- one for a neighborhood search (that could rely on ANN ?), used in one of
the regression function
- one for solving the correlation clustering problem

The last one is not feasible in Python, too slow, and even this
implementation needs tweaking to use a memory-aware clustering approach.

I didn't implement every flavour of Isomap, but those can be easily added,
after a first version is released.
Once this part of the machine learning scikit is no longer a TP and if David
gives his approval, I will build eggs so that everyone can use it.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Matthieu
--
French PhD student