[SciPy-user] Real-time plotting and data storage format questions

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Thu Apr 3 03:32:56 EDT 2008

I second the pytables recommendation, but if your simulations are in C
and want to avoid additional dependencies, you might simply just want to
write binary data direct to disk in your own format. Numpy's memmap
function can then use them directly if your data are in same-length
rows. Note that the term "rows" does not hint at what is actually
possible. For example, an n-dimensional array can be one "column" of
each such "row".

-Andrew