[SciPy-user] All the roots of a function in an interval

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:23:03 EDT 2007

You can't ever know that you've found all the roots of a general
function in an interval unless you do a lot of analysis on it. I don't
think you can do better than letting the user set what they think is
the appropriate number of starting points for the types of function
they are using on the intervals that they're providing. Short answer
is no, I'm pretty sure scipy has no such thing.