[SciPy-user] NIPY

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 24 19:38:59 EDT 2007

On 9/24/07, Alan G Isaac <aisaac at american.edu> wrote:
> What is the relationship between NIPY and SciPy?
> It seems a classic SciKit, but it is not in SciKits.

NIPY stands for Neuroimaging in Python and was started prior to the
creation of Scikits.  NIPY currently has its own repository and trac
instance like some of the other old projects.  Here is the NIPY user's
page:  http://neuroimaging.scipy.org/

I haven't spent much time trying to keep the front page updated
because the project is still fairly young and needs more work before
it will be generally useful.

> Anyway, does the old NIPY models and algorithms modules
> still exist somewhere?

Take a look at the developer's site:
http://projects.scipy.org/neuroimaging/ni/wiki

We just got funding for the project and are starting by focusing on
getting the more generic stuff out of NIPY and into SciPy.  For
example, Jonathan Taylor's statistical models code is available in
scipy.stats.models in svn.  We are also working on integrating our io
and image processing code into scipy.io and scipy.ndimage.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley