[SciPy-user] Initial support for sunperf and sun compilers (linux + solaris)

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Sep 17 00:29:56 EDT 2007

Lucas Barbuto wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for your continued interest in this.
>
> On 16/09/2007, at 9:39 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> Ok, I created a numpy branch to implement this, and get something
>> working. This is still really rough, though. Please check out the
>> numpy.sunperf branch:
>>
>> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/numpy.sunperf
>>

> Just a quick correction, I had to remove branches/ from the above URL.

Argh, I totally screwed up on this one, I created the branch at the
wrong place.

>> SUNPERF=SUNPERFROOT python setup.py build --compiler=sun --
>> fcompiler=sun
>>

> I used your test_sunperf.sh script which completed the build without
> errors, testing didn't go 100% smoothly, I don't know if those
> warnings are serious, output below.

There are several things missing in the current implementation: first,
it should look for sunperf automatically, not using this SUNPERF thing,
and also, the sun compilers do not use any flags. I am not sure if it is
because I did something wrong to disable them, or if I need to add them
anyway.

For the warning, the flags may be of some importance, I don't know. I
don't remember having seen so many warnings on Linux, though. Would be
interesting to know what you get on sparc. I should have said that for
now, this is mainly random hacks on a platform I don't really know, so I
would not use it without more testing first.

David