[SciPy-user] Thin plates for a 3D deformation field

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:43:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I see that you compute directly the new image ;) For the tool we are
developping in my lab, we prefer to split everything (one function to
compute a deformation field and one function for applying the deformation
field), as some times we only want to work on the field, sometimes on the
image, ...

I didn't use the same approach than you, I tried to maximize the use of
Numpy too (so to compute the distances, I used Bill Baxter's function he
proposed some time ago, the computation of the sum in the smooth continuous
field is done by a matrix multiplication, ...), which means that my approach
may use more memory than yours.

I've only one thing that I have to modifiy, it is the computation of r²log
r² when r is too small, I saw that you took care of it.

For those who are interested in the future, they have now two solutions :
http://matt.eifelle.com/item/4

Matthieu

--
French PhD student