[SciPy-user] Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon vs. SciPy

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 18:42:32 EDT 2007

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:58:42 +0200, Joachim Dahl wrote:

> Emacs22 has python mode integrated,  and having python-mode installed as
> a separate
> package causes problems.   Removing the python-mode package seems to fix
> it for Emacs22.
>
> - joachim

Thanks, Joachim!!!  That did the trick.  I had to not only *remove* the python-mode package, but
purge its configuration files as well.  You can do that from the command line using:

dpkg --purge python-mode

For some reason unknown to me, the default behavior is to allow removed packages to leave config
files in place.

Dan