[SciPy-user] Inconsistencies between numpy & scipy corrcoef

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:14:24 EDT 2007

> So why not have the scipy methods just call down back the numpy
> methods (or do some import magic in the scipy.stats module to just
> import the numpy funcs into the namespace)?

AAMOF, corrcoeff is not the only one that behaves inconsistently from one
version to another:
scipy.var and numpy.var both use biased estimates of the variance, when
scipy.stats.var uses the unbiased estimates... Which one should take
precedence ? Would it be worth to add a "biased" keyword to the numpy.method
(that would default to True, so that we'd keep the current behavior) ?