[SciPy-user] Generating and Sampling Random Numbers

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Oct 12 03:23:52 EDT 2007

Another comment:
Performance wise it will be much faster to generate a larger array of
rands in one go, rather than calling the python function at every
single time step.
Furthermore you might also want to perform as many time-steps in a
single python-call -- look at the cumsum function.

Compare the times - I guess I'm talking at least about a factor 10 in speed.

Cheers,
Sebastian Haase