[SciPy-user] howto construct matrix A: dot(A.T, A) is positive-definite

lorenzo bolla lbolla at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:07:31 EDT 2007

for every A, dot(A.T, A) is always semi positive definite.
it is strictly positive definite if it hasn't a zero eigenvalue.
make sure your A doesn't have a zero eigenvalue.
(if your A is sparse, as it seems, it could have at least one row or one
column filled with zeros, hence a zero eigenvalue).
hth,
L.