[SciPy-user] fromimage returns instance instead of numpy array

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 19:16:06 EDT 2007

Sebastian wrote:
> Hello,
> after I updated numpy and scipy to the newest version a script which uses the
> scipy.misc.pilutil package dosent't work any more. The function "fromimage"
> returns an image as image and dosen't convert it to a numpy array.

Exactly what version of scipy are you talking about? The one I have from a
recent SVN checkout works fine. It was modified to its current form on
2007-08-28. It might also be that this code relies on behavior of recent
releases of PIL. I am using PIL 1.1.6b2. What are you using?

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco