[SciPy-user] surface plotting

Joe Harrington jh at physics.ucf.edu
Fri Nov 30 15:00:29 EST 2007

Well, I was hoping for a lighter solution, but I gave it a one-hour try.
It didn't help that when I did the link to the user docs was broken
(it's fixed now).  I got so far as installing mayavi2 and trying to
figure it out without the doc, but ran out of time and wasn't able to
figure out surface plotting my existing numpy array.  This was for use
in a class and I decided that if I couldn't figure out how to do it in
an hour I probably couldn't expect the students to do it at all.

It would be good to have a cookbook recipe about how to do surface
plotting of a 2D numpy array in mayavi2.

When will mayavi2 be available as a deb file?  This looks like software
that everyone should be able to get in the easiest fashion possible.

Thanks,

--jh--