[SciPy-user] 2D arrays in weave.inline

Alan Jackson alan at ajackson.org
Sat Nov 17 17:44:52 EST 2007

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:46:59 +0100
Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 03:30:10PM -0600, Alan Jackson wrote:
> > This is probably an astonishingly simple question, but I've been
> > struggling for some time with it.
>
> > I am trying to work with weave for the first time, and it is becoming
> > clear that I don't understand how 2D arrays get passed.
>
> Me neither. This is why I use the blitz converter. I modified your
> example to use the vlitz converters, it is just so much nicer:

Well, with my *real* code, blitz gave me several pages of errors - I tried
treating the 2D arrays as a 1D array, doing all the index arithmetic myself,
and that seems to work. Which strikes me as odd...

| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| alan at ajackson.org          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |
| www.ajackson.org           | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas             | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake       |